Life has been so crazy lately, both at work and at home (and hello? three kids!), so this has not gotten done.
I decided I needed a mental health break from work and intended to take the whole day off, but forces conspired against me and I ended up working at home in the morning. Today I worked for about 4 or 5 hours on the kitchen. Tomorrow I'm hoping to work another 1/2 day and get more done.
Earlier this week I did get some purging and cleaning done in the kitchen. I cleaned two of our cabinets, which hold oils, sauces, spices and herbs, pasta, rice, and baking supplies. I junked a bunch of stuff, such as croutons (how did we end up with croutons?), some sauces with high-fructose corn syrup that have been in our cabinets for years, and some obscure herbs that we never use. I also took out some jams, chutneys, and sauces that rarely get used and moved them down to the basement to make room for more canned goods in the kitchen.
Today, I have:
- Cleaned out and loaded the dishwasher (first things first!)
- Cleaned out and reorganized the snack and cereal shelves (why do we still have any wheat-based snacks that the kids don't eat, if Mike and I avoid wheat?)
- Moved the coffee up to the top shelf because it's not used very often, and the snacks to a lower shelf
- Reorganized the mugs and the tea shelf--we continue to have an abundance of tea!!
- Deep-cleaned the stove--inside, top, sides, burners, back, and underneath (including vacuuming and cleaning up the grunge on the floor under it)
- Cleaned the microwave and toaster oven (including under the microwave cabinet)
- Cleaned out the microwave cabinet and discovered the source of a seriously fishy smell we've had lingering around the house for several days! (a rotten potato!)
- Cleaned and reorganized the freezer
That's enough for now! Tomorrow I'll get more done--and hopefully move on to another room!