Monday, October 12, 2009

Do not be impatient...

Do not be impatient with your seemingly slow progress. Do not try to run faster than you presently can. If you are studying, reflecting and trying, you are making progress whether you are aware of it or not. A traveler walking the road in the darkness of night is still going forward. Someday, some way, everything will break open, like the natural unfolding of a rosebud.
--Vernon Howard, 1918-1992
I just saw this quote and thought about how it was applicable to my life. The first thing that came to mind was my organization, decluttering, cleaning, and renovation efforts.
I had set myself a goal in early September to clear half of the study floor, and I'm making slow and steady progress toward that goal. Mike still has his own little area for his writing stuff, and he is also slowly and steadily making his way through his piles.
More work on the study this weekend resulted in my announcing to Mike: "We have so much crap!" But I am seeing progress. Just have to remind myself that slow progress is better than no progress! In so many areas of my life...including mandolin playing and knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment